Cyprus, an island in the eastern Mediterranean, has rich, turbulent history stretching back to antiquity. Known for its beaches, it has a rugged interior with wine-growing regions. It’s separated into a Greek south and Turkish north, with the capital Nicosia also divided. Coastal Paphos is famed for its archaeological sites relating to the cult of Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-adorned villas.
Reasons to study in CYPRUS:
- Quality education
- Highly rated Universities
- English High schools guarantee placement in Highly rated Universities
- Highly qualified teaching staff -graduates of UK, US, European universities
- Safe and Friendly environment
- Affordable cost
- English language environment – over 80% population speak English . English is the language of Business.
- Modern Teaching facilities and Campuses.
- Higher education institutions closely linked to major industries.
- Pleasant Mediterranean climate.
- Preparation of students to work in today’s global marketplace.
- Cyprus’ strategic Eastern Mediterranean location has been a key factor in turning the island into an international business, financial and shipping centre.
- More than 1,000 international enterprises, including banks and shipping companies, are using Cyprus as a base and springboard for expanding their activities in the region and beyond.
- Cyprus ranks among the world’s leaders in per capita university graduates, and incomes are among the highest in Southern Europe.
The number of international students in Cyprus has increased rapidly over the last ten years, reaching over 10,000 currently.
Some schools, colleges and universities offer various discounts, and
partial scholarships for International non EU students!
Such schemes provide from 10-50 % discount on Tuition. The scholarship discount may be valid for every academic year of study, given that the student meets the minimum academic performance required by the education institution.
Linkturs Egypt works with the most reputable universities in Cyprus and is proud to present our partner universities, which are offering a wide range of bachelor and master degree programs in English:
The average cost of study in English programmes is the following:
- 5,000-7,000 € per academic year
- 8,000-11,000 € per academic year
Work during studies:
If you are from a non EU country, then there are some restrictions if you want to take a job while studying . You need a permit and you can only work for a maximum 15 hours a week, and you can work full-time during the summer months of June, July and August.
University Programmes offered through Cyprus may lead to the following academic qualifications :
- Bachelor Degree (Four Years)
- Master Degree (One to Two Years)
- Ph. D Degree (Three Years)
Programmes of Higher education:
Currently, there are over 150 programmes taught in English, at Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD level. Some of the most popular programs are indicated below:
- Business studies (Management, Marketing, Finances, Human resources Management, Accounting)
- Hospitality Management, Tourism
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical and Electronic engineering
- Civil and Environmental engineering
- Information Technologies and Computer Science
- English Literature Teacher of English (TESOL)
- Early years education and Primary education
- International Law
- Biomedical sciences
- Health Sciences (Nursing, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy)
- Fine Art
- Fashion design
- Graphic design
- Music ( creative production technology)
- Digital Communications and Mass Media